Friday, June 6, 2014

First Post

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for following my blog as I travel through Asia this summer. I am a senior at the College of William and Mary, majoring in mathematics and religious studies. I plan to teach math and engage in educational policy process when I graduate. This summer, I am traveling to Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines. I am comparing and contrasting math education in these countries with the United States’ to learn about best practices in the world. 

If you want a postcard from any of the countries I am visiting, send an email to aespahbodi@email.wm.edu with your name and address. Specify the country you want it from.

Feel free to express your thoughts on my posts this summer (but please keep these appropriate). 

Thank You
Arya Espahbodi

P.S. What non-perishable foods do you think I should take with me?

P.S.S. PLEASE keep spreading this link. To increase the number of responses, I have now decided that any high school seniors from this current school year OR last year can take it. However, please respond based on your high school experiences (NOT College ones). http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=tnbpl68ht264nlq362968

                                                   Traveling Info:
Depart June 21st for Singapore and stay there until June 30th.
Depart June 30th for Philippines and stay there until July 10th.
Depart July 10th for Indonesia and stay there until July 15th.
Depart July 15th for Singapore and stay there until August 13th.
Depart August 13th to come back home to USA 







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I already packed three types in the suitcase: white chocolate wonderful peanut butter, traders joes creamy organic and almond butter.

      Delete