Sunday, June 22, 2014

While waiting in Deutschland...

Hi Everyone,


Here is the much anticipated second post. This will hopefully be one of my shortest posts, because I have not yet arrived in Singapore. At this moment, I am sitting in the Frankfort Airport at a bakery. My flight to Singapore will leave at around 3 pm E.S.T so feel free to Facebook or WhatsApp me. I can happily report that the Germans do not seem too upset about their "loss" to Ghana in the World Cup yesterday. I just finished lunch, a homemade panini. In a totally unrelated note, my U.S.A. high school student survey is up to 203 responses (but keep sharing if you can!). I only realistically expected 200 responses, and considering I had barely gotten 100 a little over a week ago, I want to thank everyone who took the time to complete it and shared it with their friends and family. Remember only to share it with students who graduated high school this year or last year.

(SHARE): http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=tnbpl68ht264nlq362968



To "sign" my BLOGS this summer, I will be ending each with a Thank You to one or a few people. I think it is only fair to end this blog with a BIG thank you to my immediate family! First, since it was her birthday yesterday and she is the reason I was able to meet the two professors who I am traveling and doing research with this summer, I'd like to thank my wonderful Mom. Thank you for helping me set up and fund this great adventure as well as the support as I find out who I am and want to be branded as in this world. Second, I want to thank my older sister Mana. She has always pushed me to work my hardest in everything I do in life by calling/holding me accountable as well as by leading by example. Mana also purchased for me a "cool" man purse necklace (It broke already, but I will fix it and post a picture later). Furthermore, she woke up around 6 am today to Face-Time me when I  landed in Germany. Last, but certainly not least, thank you to my father who has also been with me throughout the good, the bad and the ugly of my life. From great advice to a set of ears to hear everything and anything, you have been one of my closest friends and one of my role-models. I see how much you love and sacrifice for us everyday and hope one day to be as caring and wise as you.








1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip, man! I'm sure you will do big things!

    ReplyDelete